Sunday, March 6, 2016

Five Places for Summer Plein-Air Paintings and Hikes

I'm eager for the weather to get just a little bit nicer, because this summer will be all about Plein-air painting! 

1. Twin Lakes

Location: Bowl of the Woods (Mt. Hood National Recreation Center) 


I visited these lakes two years ago on my first backpacking trip. Since then I've been dreaming about the moment of return to this magical location. The blue lakes and green forest would make a painting of lush colors and loose brushy marks. 
Photo By Ryan Pierce
http://ryanpierce.net/home.html

2. Devil's Churn 

Location: Lincoln City


Painting the Coast is my favorite kind of landscape, because of the harsh pointy shapes of the rocks against the organic softness of the water.  I'm interested in how abstract my painting style would become, when I attempt to capture the movement of waves.  

3. Smith Rock 

Location: Terrabonne, OR 


I'd be so enthusiastic to paint Smith Rock, because of those rustic colors against the blue sky. The uniqueness of these rocks stand tall and revile interact angles that point every direction. It's landscape is different then anything I've ever experienced.    
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/be/5b/7b/be5b7bee8fc70a1adb931778e9963200.jpg

4. Norway Pass

Location: Mt. St. Helens


Is located at the area where Mt. St. Helens volcano had erupted. I'm fascinated by the landscape and how nature has recovered since the tragedy in 1980. I think this area would inspire a dramatic painting of beauty and destruction. 
A view of Mount St. Helens from Bear Pass in July. Photo by Doctorlight1

5. Heceta Head Lighthouse 

Location: Florence, OR


Lighthouses make me wonder about the sea and what's beyond in the blue water. The Heceta Head Lighthouse's landscape is mysterious and could bring an interesting quality to my painting style. 
http://www.wildnatureimages.com/images%203/C6CT3299..jpg
To view my landscape paintings visit this website:   http://www.meganwainwright.com

#walkinginthewilderness #exploreoregon #pnw #oilpainter #pleinair #hiking #pdxart #porlandart #contemporaryart #summer #womenartist 

No comments:

Post a Comment