Saturday, March 26, 2016

How to Paint with Texture

 Lately texture has added a three dimensional quality to my two dimensional imagery. 

Detail of "Strawberry Mountain", 45in x 31in, Oil on Canvas, Work in Progress

My technique is to use an oil painting medium called Cold Wax. Once the medium has been mixed with the paint I sculpt shapes using a flexible pointed tool (purchased at Blick Art Supplies), a palette knife, and an old short hardened brush

Now, it's all about experimentation! Here are some examples of the way that I use texture when oil painting. 

Detail of "Strawberry Mountain", 45in x 31in, Oil on Canvas, Work in Progress
Detail of Fallen Tree, 14in x 11in, Oil on Canvas, 2/7/2016
 View more of my images at: http://www.meganwainwright.com/ 
Also see more in detail works in progress at my instagram: @roaming_creator https://www.instagram.com/roaming_creator/

#walkinginthewilderness #gamblin #wip #oilpainting #portlandart #pdxart #texture #coldwax

No comments:

Post a Comment