Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Stages of a in Progress Oil Painting

Oil painting is a time consuming process, and it can take about a month or more to completing an image. I paint in layers where each stage has to dry for a week before it's ready for the next step. It forces me to think about the image that's being created, because the individual layers will transform. Then when the next layer is being created I watch as the previous layer becomes unrecognizable.

So, I wanted to show the stages of my painting Underneath the Tree's. This particular image was inspired by a moment when camping in Southern Oregon, and I found myself alone underneath some big trees. I sat in mediation as I drew a creative observation of my surroundings.
The original Sketch in which was used as a reference for the painting Underneath Trees. 


Work in Progress stage one of Underneath the Trees

Work in Progress stage two of Underneath the Trees

Completed piece: Underneath Trees, 24.5in x 18.5in, Oil painting on Canvas,
May 2016
To see more art check out my Website: http://www.meganwainwright.com/
For some work in progress images check out my instgram: @roaming_creator
Any questions or comments feel free to email me: wainwrightmeganlynne@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment